How to Leverage TikTok to Promote Your Music
Hello there, welcome to another moment of enlightenment with Freeme Digital. Here, we discuss trending discoveries in the music space that are changing the dynamics of things in entertainment. Today, we are discussing TikTok
TikTok is a social media platform for creating, sharing and discovering short music videos. Since its transition from musical.ly in 2017, TikTok has enjoyed over 1 billion downloads. In fact, records show that Tiktok was the world’s second most downloaded app in 2019. The social media platform is a fusion of Vine’s short video format, Snapchat’s interactive filters, and Musical.ly’s lip-syncing gimmick. It allows people to express themselves through singing, dancing, comedy, and lip-syncing.
SOME PERKS OF TIKTOK
- The platforms provide its users with a framework to create. This framework makes content creation easy and interesting.
- It avails its users the opportunity to get creative with your content.
- The platform captures a new demographic. It appeals most to a young audience and it gives its users the opportunity to catch and grow their audience from a young age.
- It could serve as a good training ground for the next generation of music video editors.
- It has the potential for being the go-to platform for influencer marketing.
HOW YOU CAN LEVERAGE TIK TOK TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
- Run Contest & Challenges: One of the easiest ways to grow your influence on the app is to create challenges. Challenges are strategies that are implored on social media to grow influence by interactions. You can leverage the lip-sync features on the app to create contests and challenges. Also, you should offer awesome prizes to the winner(s).
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags work great with contests and challenges. Have people post their submissions with your hashtag. That way, entries, submission, and tracking for your contest could be easier. You could also use specially curated hashtags to promote your content and your brand. It’s an easy way to grow your following.
- Collaborate with Influencers: Locate influencers that you can work with to promote your content and brand.
- Use Localized Content: Don’t be afraid to use localized content to promote yourself. The TikTok algorithm encourages localized content. Also, it helps locals interact with you and your content better.
TikTok is widely growing in usage and you should take advantage of it while it’s still trending. You never can tell how much influence you can gain from the platform.