LYRICS ON STORIES: NEW IG FEATURE & PERKS
One of the most recurring phenomena since existence has been Evolution & Change. Due to the constant change in human needs, sectors & industries are always forced to initiate new trends. Much like any other industry, the music industry has experienced evolution from what it used to be, especially with the rise of technology in music, which has birthed different music apps like; Shazam, Google Play, Instrumental and so on….
Just recently, Instagram announced a new feature – one that will give users the ability to add lyrics to their Instagram Stories. This feature will allow users to decide if they want to display song lyrics on screen and will give them the ability to edit the text style, animation, and other features.
Other than helping users get accustomed to Music lyrics, the feature also serves as another Music Marketing tool. It helps artists connect with their fans, build buzz around their music, and it lets the world know what they’re up to. With it, artists can share their songs and let the fans spread the word about their favorite line(s) in a song.
Here is how to get lyrics on your Instagram stories
1. Sign Up for Facebook & Instagram Monetization / MusixMatch: This is a free opt-in feature for Artistes that helps them get paid when their music is used across those social platforms. It’s an easy process, and by granting them the permission to add your music to their Audio Library, your music will be eligible for all the great new features they roll out.
2. Get verified as an artist on MusixMatch: MusixMatch is the service that delivers lyric data to Instagram so the words can be paired with the music. You’ll need to do THREE important things on MusixMatch before Instagram will list your lyrics.
- You need to sign up as a Verified Artist on MusixMatch. This will allow you to upload your lyrics to Facebook’s library. Click Here To Get Verified..
- Once you have a MusixMatch Verified Artist account, Start adding lyrics for all your songs. Make sure you proofread any lyrics that might’ve been entered.
- Sync your lyrics with the music using MusixMatch.
3. Share Your Story with Lyrics: Now that you have created your Verified Artiste account and synced your lyrics with your songs, you can now go on to share on your story. Instagram provided some step by step directions below:
- Once in “Story” mode, add lyrics by selecting the ‘music’ sticker from the sticker tray after taking your photo or video.
- Choose a song and use the scrubber tool to select the part of the song that best captures the moment you’re sharing. The scrubber will also enable you to find the lyrics of the exact part of the song you want.
- Pick between different lyrics, animations, font designs and colors. Move, resize and rotate the lyrics to share your story.
- Fans that watch your story will see the lyrics pop up as the music plays. When they tap on the lyrics, they’ll see a sticker with the song title and artist name that links to the artist’s Instagram profile.
Note: Instagram is still adding lyrics every day, so if your song lyrics aren’t available even after signing up for Facebook & Instagram Monetization, don’t fret! They’ll be made available as soon as the songs are imported to Instagram (This could take up to a week).